10/12/10

Autostadt

 
What I like to call the Car Vending Machine!


 
Inside the 200' glass tower used as car storage.

Inside one of the pavilions.

 
I loved this wall of side view mirrors!



 
This was the only thing inside the Bugatti pavilion,
 but it was a breathtaking car and display.

 
I wanted to fit inside so bad!

I was looking through photos in my iphone and images of "Car City" came up and reminded me how innovative that place was, and I thought... I must share! This summer while Britton and I were on our Europe tour we stopped in Wolfsburg, Germany during our stretch from Berlin to Amsterdam. Why Wolfsburg? Because it's home to the Autostadt, and where Volkswagen is headquartered. The place was amazing! It had museums, one including a mini track for children where they can drive small electric cars in the form of Volkswagen Beetles, I tried to fit but I was too big. There were different pavilions for different types of cars such as Bugatti, Lamborghini, Audi, Seat, Skoda, and of course Volkswagen. Each Pavilion had its own unique design or special feature inside-some were over the top which made it even more interesting! There were Restaurants, shops, dealerships, and even a virtual ride. Over 400 architects worked on the complex! While walking around I felt like I was inside a Revit computer rendering! But my favorite part of the whole experience was taking the lift up the 200 ft glass silos used as storage for new Volkswagens. I just called it the car vending machine because that's pretty much how it worked. Such a unquie design and concept! Check out our video we took of the lift and pictures of this place. If you're ever driving by Wolfsburg,make a stop at the Autostadt!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for commenting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...